Adjusting Original Wage – Injuries Before 1980
Effective date: May 1, 2015
Approved date: March 16, 2015
Application: Applies to workers under the age of 65 on January 1, 1983, injured prior to January 1, 1980, that qualify for earnings loss entitlement after January 1, 1983 and are under the age of 65.
Policy subject: Benefits - General
To show how to adjust the original wage base of a worker injured before 1980.
- The Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) has approved POL 03/2015, Adjusting Original Wage – Injuries Before 1980.
- This procedure provides rules on how to apply POL 03/2015.
- From the year of injury to 1979, the Payment Specialist will increase the original wage by the percentage change in the average weekly wage.
- On the date of injury each year after 1979, the Payment Specialist will increase the original wage by changes in the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
The Workers’ Compensation Act, 2013
Sections 2(1)(b), 69(2), 72, 76, 95
(1) January 1, 2014. References updated in accordance with The Workers’ Compensation Act, 2013.
(2) POL 24/83, Annual Review of Former Act Workers (effective to April 30, 2015).
POL 03/2015 Adjusting Original Wage – Injuries Before 1980
PRO 15/2020 Consumer Price Index (CPI) – Annual Increase
POL 07/2013 Consumer Price Index (CPI) – Annual Indexing
POL 07/2020 Maximum Wage Rates
PRO 07/2020 Maximum Wage Rates
POL 22/2016 Offset of Canada or Quebec Pension Plan Disability Benefits
Print or share this page with others