Issues the FPO can't deal with
Learn what issues are outside of the FPO’s scope.
The FPO does not act as an advocate for workers, employers or the WCB. FPO staff are not decision-makers and cannot direct WCB staff. The FPO is not part of the appeals process. The FPO cannot deal with:
- Board members’ conduct or decisions.
- Decisions under appeal or a decision by the appeals department or the Board Appeal Tribunal.
- Matters already being dealt with by the Office of the Workers’ Advocate, unless requested by the Workers’ Advocate.
- Allegedly illegal or fraudulent acts.
- Changes to The Workers’ Compensation Act, 2013 or its regulations.
If you wish to submit an appeal, you can do so directly with the WCB.
If you are an injured worker and are looking for assistance in submitting an appeal, you can contact the Office of the Workers’ Advocate:
If you have a complaint about the WCB that falls outside the mandate of the FPO, Ombudsman Saskatchewan may be able to assist you
If you have a complaint about The Workers’ Compensation Act, 2013 or its regulations, your MLA or the Ministry of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety may be able to assist you. As well, every five years the Committee of Review meets with interested persons or groups who may suggest changes to the legislation.