Applying for benefits
Learn how to apply for benefits using the Statutory Declaration – Spouse form once the WCB has determined the death is a result of a workplace injury.
Once the WCB has determined the death is a result of a work-related injury, you can apply for benefits by:
- Filling out the Statutory Declaration – Spouse (D34f) form
- Attaching to the form a copy of:
- the death certificate
- your marriage certificate or confirmation of common-law relationship over one year previous to date of death
- the birth certificate for yourself and any dependent children
- your Social Insurance Number (SIN), and the SIN of any dependent children
Note: To ensure that you receive statements and information concerning your benefits, please notify the WCB of any changes to your address or telephone numbers.