WCB responsibilities and services
Learn what services the WCB is responsible to provide to you and injured workers.
The WCB is responsible to provide you and your injured workers with the following services:
- Provide registered employers with workplace insurance coverage.
- Assess fair premiums. Learn more about industry classification and premium rate setting.
- Educate employers and workers about injury prevention through WorkSafe Saskatchewan (the partnership between the WCB and the Ministry of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety) and the WCB’s prevention department.
- Help employers develop and implement safety and prevention programs.
- Determine and provide WCB benefits to injured workers.
- Provide management services to facilitate health care and monitor workers’ recovery and return to work.
- Help employers and workers develop and implement workplace return-to-work programs and individual return-to-work plans to accommodate injured workers, as required by law.
- Support research to prevent and reduce injuries and occupational diseases.
When a workplace injury happens, The Workers’ Compensation Act, 2013 protects both the injured worker and the employer.
For specific inquiries
If you are:
- ready to register your business
- requesting a clearance or a letter of good standing
- revising or updating your payroll
- discussing your statement of account and/or making a payment
Employer services department