Effective date: January 1, 2015
Application: Claim and employer account decisions
Policy subject: Reconsiderations and appeals
To provide administrative guidelines for reversing decisions.
- The WCB may reverse decisions when:
- There is new evidence.
- The Medical Consultant provides a contrary opinion regarding the relationship of medical issues to the injury and/or employment.
- The Appeals department, Assessment Committee or Board Members provide a contrary decision to that of the decision maker.
- Operations or Employer Services staff determine that the original decision is unreasonable.
- If a reversed decision results in the termination of benefits, POL 11/2021, Terminating Benefits - Notice Period, will apply.
POL 13/91 (Amended by POL 07/98) Reversing Decisions