Effective date: May 1, 2017
Application: Applies to all licenced nurse practitioners providing services to WCB customers on and after the effective date.
Policy subject: Health care services – providers
To provide administrative guidelines for approving and evaluating services provided by NPs.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) means a registered nurse who has met the qualifications for licensure in the NP category in the province of Saskatchewan, as defined by The Registered Nurses Act, 1988.
The WCB will update these documents as needed.
(1) Housekeeping amendments effective August 1, 2022 to update reference from Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association (SRNA) to College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS) and remove WCB accreditation requirements and the need to contact the WCB when choosing a different service provider.
(2) Housekeeping amendments effective January 1, 2021 to update references from Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) (RN(NP)) to Nurse Practitioner (NP). Procedure reviewed and no other changes required.
(3) PRO 55/2014, Medical Fees – Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) (effective September 1, 2014 to April 30, 2017).
(4) January 1, 2014. References updated in accordance with The Workers’ Compensation Act, 2013.
(5) PRO 57/2012, Medical Fees – Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) (effective January 1, 2013 to August 31, 2014).
Print or share this page with others