Temporary additional expenses

Page intro

Find out from your WCB customer care facilitator what temporary additional expenses the WCB may cover.

Page content

Sometimes if you pay temporary expenses that are over and above what you would normally have paid while working, the Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) may repay you for those expenses, based on the nature and severity of your injury.

Temporary additional expenses may include:

  • child care
  • care of a family member incapacitated by injury or illness
  • transportation costs
  • meal preparation
  • housecleaning
  • other day-to-day home maintenance, such as lawn care or snow removal. Home maintenance does not include major renovations to a property or home.

You may be reimbursed by the WCB for those additional expenses if your injury makes it impossible for you to pay those costs.

You may be reimbursed for those additional expenses if your injury is temporary and full recovery is expected or if your injury is permanent. If your temporary additional expense items are repaid through a personal care allowance or an independence allowance, you will no longer be reimbursed under WCB’s policy.

Injured workers can submit temporary additional expenses and attach receipts with the online Worker’s Temporary Additional Expense (WTAE) form. View the how to submit worker expenses online guide or learn more about the ease of the WCB’s secure online services

Call to action
Direct deposit signup for workers

Avoid delays in your WCB payments.

Sign up for direct deposit today.

Call to action button
Register for direct deposit

Submit a form

Use the WCB's secure document transfer to submit a picture (JPEG) or PDF document or submit the files by email.