Care providers can use a WCB online account
Treatment and assessment
Learn what primary treatment is, the importance of returning workers to work and what to do if a worker’s recovery doesn’t go as expected.
The WCB supports a functional restoration approach that promotes a return to normal activity, including work, in a safe manner. Passive care is discouraged. The goals are to:
- Maximize the injured worker’s functional abilities to the pre-injury condition, if possible.
- Enable an early return to work, with the pre-injury employer, if possible.
The functional rehabilitation model of care is encouraged because it:
- Uses the restoration of function as the first measure of treatment success.
- Encourages care providers and clients to recognize that successful long-term recovery is associated with return to function, even in the presence of increasing symptoms where there are no objective signs of harm.
- Is supported by significant evidence-based literature.
Get in touch with us
Looking to contact the WCB? We're here to help.