Effective date: January 17, 2017
Approved date: January 17, 2017
Application: Applies to WCB Board Members, Chief Executive Officer, Management.
Policy subject: General
To approve WCB’s Governance Policy and subsequent updates.
- The Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) Board Members are responsible for the stewardship of the WCB, and to oversee the WCB's adherence to provisions of The Workers’ Compensation Act, 2013.
- The Board believes that a strong governance framework is necessary to ensure that it fulfils its responsibilities to workers and employers in the most effective manner. As a result, the Board is committed to ensuring that its governance structures and activities reflect sound governance principles.
- The Board Members hereby approve the Governance Policy which describes WCB’s public policy objectives and the governance framework which has been adopted to achieve them.
- The Board Members will review the Governance Policy annually. The Governance Policy will be revised when appropriate to ensure alignment with the needs of the WCB and governance best practices.
(1) January 17, 2017. Updates completed in accordance with the annual Board Members’ governance guidelines review.
(2) POL 09/2014, Governance Policy (effective June 24, 2014 to January 16, 2017).
(3) ADM POL 13/2000, Corporate Governance (effective January 1, 2001 to June 23, 2014).
(4) ADM POL 04/2001, Mandate of the Audit Committee of the Board (effective June 4, 2001 to June 23, 2014).
Print or share this page with others