Effective date: May 1, 2021
Application: Applies to all travel expenses incurred on and after the effective date for all new and existing claims (i.e., with service date on and after the effective date).
Policy subject: Allowance and expenses
To establish guidelines for determining travel expense entitlements.
Home community means the city, town, village, hamlet, First Nation’s community, etc., in which the worker’s permanent place of residence is located (within the limits or boundary). If residing in a rural area, the worker’s physical home address is considered the home community.
Travel Within Home Community
Travel Outside Home Community
Out of Province Travel
Remote or Temporary Work Location
Change of Home Community While Receiving Treatment
(1) POL and PRO 39/2010, Expenses – Travel and Sustenance – General (effective February 3, 2012 to April 30, 2021).
(2) January 1, 2014. References updated in accordance with The Workers’ Compensation Act, 2013 (Bill 58).
(3) POL and PRO 12/2008, Expenses – Travel and Sustenance – General (effective September 1, 2008 to February 2, 2012).
(4) POL and PRO 07/2003, Expenses – Travel and Sustenance – General (effective January 1, 2003 to August 31, 2010).
(5) POL 13/93, Expenses – Travel and Sustenance for Medical Care (effective March 1, 1993 to December 31, 2002) and POL 12/96, Expenses – Travel and Sustenance – Augmented Therapy (effective April 1, 1996 to December 31, 2002).
Print or share this page with others